Stuck and need help on wardrobe organisation?
Want some free pro tips?
I've got you my friend. Let's dive right in!
1. Use hangers that are all the same. Velvet hangers are popular as they are non-slip & slim.
I use white wire ones which are aesthetically pleasing, take up minimal space. Plus they're sustainable.
Pro tip: For really long items (such as a maxi dress) drape it over two hangers to stop it spilling all over your wardrobe floor.
2. Hang your clothes all the same way. Facing right if you're left handed and facing left if you're right handed in order for you to see each item properly.
3. Use an 'S' hook for belts to save space.
4. Organise your wardrobe by colour. Not only does it look better aesthetically, but it makes it easier for you to find what you're looking for.
If you're blessed enough to have a really big wardrobe, then organise clothing by type: jumpers, trouser etc then organise by colour.
Pro tip: If you're not already, change your light bulbs for brighter HD ones so you can see what's in front of you better.
6. Organise clothes by season. Not only will you feel like you have a new wardrobe every summer/winter but you'll also be able to see everything that is practical for you to wear now.
7. Keep a miscellaneous basket with essential items for getting ready in. Items like a lindt roller, scissors (to cut tags off) & tape come in handy & it saves time to have them where you actually need them.
8. Keep another miscellaneous basket by your bags (essential if you change your bag a lot!) keep all your essentials - in between switches - that you don't need in this basket.
9. Use drawer organisers to separate items. I'm telling you... Keeping your socks separate from bras and knickers is a total game changer!
10. Use zip lock bags to store tights before popping them into an organiser this will protect them from dust.
11. If you have space use a jewellery drawer organiser. If you don't, use a jewellery stand. Place all your favourite jewellery on it/ in it that you wear regularly.
Take the time to declutter whatever you no longer love while there and donate it to somebody who will.
12. Create a space to hang your outfit for the following day. I've been getting my clothes out for the following day the night before for so long now I don't remember the chaos before. But I know it was more chaotic. Bc I'd never go back...
13. Use a full length mirror. Being able to see your clothing on you is essential. If you don't have much space, hang one over your door.
14. Put your 'just-before-you-leave' essentials on a beautiful tray so that they're all together and you can just grab, spritz & go. My personal favourites include - perfume, sunglasses essential oil & deodorant.
I hope that these wardrobe-changing hacks bring lots of calm into your life.
And I'd love to hear how you get on with them!
Blessings from our house to yours,