When it comes to changing our lives, the answer is in changing our daily habits. Since becoming a single mum and Entrepreneur I've tried so many different ways to find extra pockets of time daily while maximising my productivity. I need & deserve a good work/life balance - & so do you. Below I have listed 24 of my favourite tried & tested hacks that really will save you time & make your daily grind more productive. 1. Go non-iron From your clothes, to your bedding, going non-iron saves a considerable amount of time. Invest in non-iron, beautiful ruched duvet sets- you won't be disappointed, I promise! 2. Meal plan Read my ultimate meal-planning guide here.
3. Make one-pot/one tray bake meals Having delicious nutritious food and spending time with your family in the evenings shouldn't be something that you have to choose between. You deserve both. 4. Cook in bulk 5. Prep your meals for the week Schedule this in on the same day every week. If you live alone put on your favourite music, check out a new podcast, or listen to an audiobook. Or, if you live with family, turn it into a fun, bonding activity that you can do together.
6. Group friends together for catch-ups 7. Buy that perfect present for so-and-so when you see it Just make sure you organise a space in your home for gifts, so that you don't forget what you have! 8. Avoid rush hour wherever possible
9. Get up earlier Getting up earlier is a great way to be more productive. As long as you use the time wisely! 10. Create a morning routine What puts you in a good mood? Do you love to practise yoga? Maybe you love your make-up... whatever makes you feel good, invest time every morning in doing it to set yourself up for the day. 11. Declutter Read the benefits of decluttering here and when you're ready to jump in, check out my FREE pro tips in this post right here 12. Limit TV 13. Plan your days 14. Organise your home If it's Pro Organiser secrets you're after click here For wardrobe organisation click here And when you're ready to systemise your kitchen you read this Professional guide right here.
15. Decorate your home to reflect the intended mood for each room Make your bedroom a place of calm, where you can sleep well and re-charge. For the office, try stimulating colours & artwork that inspires you. 16. Use smart kitchen tools Smart gadgets like slow cookers & soup makers save time. 17. Use a cleaning schedule 18. Open your post when it comes through the door & create a filing system for any keep/outstanding 19.Limit the amount of times you check your emails
20. Use an app timer We've all done it... logged onto Insta just for '5 minutes' that have easily turned into an hour. App timers are THE perfect solution for this - as long as you stick to them! 21. Take digital detoxes I conducted a live experiment for my dissertation at university on this subject & found digital detoxes to increase productivity, lower feelings of anxiety & depression & maximise productivity. Suffice to say, digital detoxing is something I do regularly. 22. Get enough sleep & honour your Circadian rhythm Not getting enough sleep has been scientifically proven to interfere with mood & metabolic rate, read more about this fascinating subject here. 23. Exercise at home I exercise daily at home. The truth is, there are so many online options these days that it isn't necessary to leave home anymore & if you're a mum of small ones who works full time like me, it's much easer to fit into your morning routine. 24. Exercise daily 20-30 minutes daily is more effective than a few hourly classes per week. Trust me... I know. So, that's it for today. Let me know which ones work for you. Have you tried some of the ones I've listed already? And what are your own favourite hacks for maximising productivity & saving time daily? Schedule your free consultation with me here. Thirsty for more? Download your free Decluttering guide. Follow us on social media for pro hacks and join our challenges on Instagram and Facebook. Wishing you well!