What is happiness? And how can we define it?
After much research, study & a life-long journey in pursuit of it, there is one thing I have found to be consistently true when it comes to happiness. And that is that:
Happiness has many definitions (search the Web for a definition & you'll see what I mean!)
There are themes & patterns when it comes to things that make us as a specie happy... Here are what I have found to be true of 'happiness':
1. What makes one person happy may not always make another person happy.
2. There are different types of happiness.
3. Happiness, in the grand scheme, is a label from which we all try to describe this really subjective type of fulfilment that we all desire.
4. Pleasure is a type of short-lived happiness that is produced by the release of happy chemicals within our body. Chemicals such as: Endorphins, Dopamine, Oxytocin & Serotonin
5. Happiness is a journey. For everybody.
Where are you in your happiness journey? And what does 'happiness' mean to you?
L O V E,